The Electron Microscopy Core Facility (EMC) provides electron microscopy services and technology to academic and private/industrial clients. We ensure that investigators have access to well-maintained scanning and transmission electron microscopes as well as ancillary equipment to process, analyze and visualize a wide variety of materials and biological samples.
We offer assistance by highly skilled, well-trained staff, who also provide ample educational opportunities to learn about electron microscopy, including four courses which utilize the EMC’s expertise and resources. The EMC will work with investigators to determine what can be learned by using electron microscopy as a research tool, as well as assist with writing publications and grants.
Consultation is free. Come and talk to us, we look forward to working with you!
News & Announcements
- Apply for EM Excellence awards before October 1st 2017! We will be having another call for “Excellence in Electron Microscopy” awards. New submissions will be due October 1st.
- Microscopy and Microanalysis 2017: We had an awesome display of microscopy research both in life and material science. THANK YOU to everyone who participated and submitted late-breaking abstracts – we had 23 posters and one presentation.
- Apply for EM Excellence awards before May 1st 2017! University of Missouri Electron Microscopy Core & Office of Research are providing twenty $2,500 awards for “Excellence in Electron Microscopy” to perform cutting edge electron microscopy methods, techniques and analysis. These awards are in addition to the previous call for “EMC Fellow” recognition.
- See highlights from EMC’s January 2017 User Group Meeting
- Nov 10 2016: Our new DualBeam electron microscope was featured in CAFNR News