The Electron Microscopy Core Facility (EMC) provides electron microscopy services and technology to academic and private/industrial clients. We ensure that investigators have access to well-maintained scanning and transmission electron microscopes as well as ancillary equipment to process, analyze and visualize a wide variety of materials and biological samples.
We offer assistance by highly skilled, well-trained staff, who also provide ample educational opportunities to learn about electron microscopy, including four courses which utilize the EMC’s expertise and resources. The EMC will work with investigators to determine what can be learned by using electron microscopy as a research tool, as well as assist with writing publications and grants.
Consultation is free. Come and talk to us, we look forward to working with you!
News & Announcements
- June 17 2016: FIB SEM installation in progress
- April 18 2016: We installed a new high pressure freezer, the Wohlwend HPF 02 Compact.
- EMC will install a new dual beam microscope soon, the FEI Scios DualBeam FIB SEM.
- Need high resolution immunocytochemistry? We offer gold immuno-labeling on cryo sections now.
- March 25 2015: We installed a Bruker Quantax 200 with Xflash6 on Quanta. With a generous contribution by Dr. Jim Schiffbauer, Department of Geological Sciences, EMC has upgraded X-ray energy dispersive spectrometer to a silicon drift detector, having 10x more sensitivity than our previous lithium-drifted silicon EDS detector. Please contact EMC staff to get training.