- Clean up work areas and discard/return all used items properly before leaving our facility!
- Do not plug any of your own storage devices into our electron microscope computers! Instead, copy your data to the shared network drive and access it through the network.
- Long term storage of data (30 days maximum) and samples that are left at the EMC is not guaranteed.
- Immediately notify a staff member if you experience problems while operating any of our instruments!
- Registration as an EMC user is required to book EMC services and instrumentation.
Instrument Training, Operation & Cancellation
- Individual training from an EMC staff member is required to operate any of our instruments.
- Failure to sign into a session within 30 minutes after the scheduled starting time will enable other users to sign up for this session.
- Cancellation of sessions are to be made 24h before the scheduled starting time to avoid charges.
- Make sure no magnetic particles are inserted into the microscopes! Contact EMC staff if your samples are magnetic.
- Please remember to acknowledge the EMC in your publications. Thank you!
- We would appreciate if you let us know when data from the EMC is used in your publication.