Copy your data to the shared network drive (find the UserData-Shortcut on the desktop and navigate to your folder) and access your data through the network drive anywhere on the MU campus. For that, map \\files.cvm.missouri.edu\emcore\userdata as described below. Warning: do not plug any storage drives directly into the electron microscope PCs! However, you can bring your storage device to copy your data from the PC in our hallway.
1. On Windows 7 devices navigate to ‘Computer’ and press ‘Map network drive’ at the top. On Windows 10 devices open ‘File Explorer’ and select ‘This PC’, then click the ‘Map network drive’ button in the ribbon menu at the top.
2. Choose a drive letter (you can choose whichever letter you like).
3. Type “\\files.cvm.missouri.edu\emcore\userdata” in ‘Folder’ and click ‘Finish’.
4. The drive should now be added to your Computer/File Explorer.
5. Double click to access the drive.
6. Type UMC-USERS\pawprint and password.
7. You will only have access to your folder (ex. WhiteTommi) outside the EMC. Within the EMC, you can see everyone’s folder and, for example, DeAna Grant can place images within your folder and her folder.