Copy your data to the shared network drive (find the UserData-Shortcut on the desktop and navigate to your folder) and access your data through the network drive anywhere on the MU campus. For that, map the following drive as described below:
Warning: Never plug any storage drives directly into the electron microscope PCs! However, you can bring your storage device to copy your data from the PC in our hallway.
1. On Windows 7 devices navigate to ‘Computer’ and press ‘Map network drive’ at the top. On Windows 10 devices open ‘File Explorer’ and select ‘This PC’, then click the ‘Map network drive’ button in the ribbon menu at the top.
2. Choose a drive letter (you can choose whichever letter you like).
3. Enter the file path above in ‘Folder’, replacing the last part with your assigned folder (typically LastnameFirstname).
4. Check the box for ‘Connect using different credentials’, and hit ‘Finish’.
4. The drive should now be added to your Computer/File Explorer.
5. Double click to access the drive.
6. Type your MU pawprint and password in the box. The login will use the UM-AD domain by default; to login to another domain, type it before the pawprint (e.g. TIGERS\pawprint).
7. You will only have access to your folder outside the EMC. EMC staff has full access to all directories and can transfer data for you as needed (like if you forgot after a visit).